quinheritagroup@gmail.com

Quin Heritage Group

The Forge at Craggataska “The Smith’s Cross”

Anne Mc Namara’s piece is extracted from a previous article written by Canon Patrick O’ Halloran, whose family originally came from west Limerick in the late 1700’s.  They were once blacksmiths to the Mahon estate at Corbally, Quin. The Canon was born in 1872 at Nixon’s cottage on the Kiltannon estate Tulla. His father Thomas was a blacksmith who left the family farm at Shraheen Clooney in the 1860’s, to work at the forge in Kiltannon. Anne’s article featured in the 1994 local publication, ‘Parish Images and Memories’.

Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.